List:       freedesktop-xorg
Subject:    Initialization of applications GTK vs. Qt
From:       H <agents () meddatainc ! com>
Date:       2017-08-08 0:10:57

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

I am running the Mate desktop on CentOS 7 and trying to get fcitx working s=
o I can switch between two western keyboards and typing pinyin=2E

Unfortunately the instructions on the net are lacking and the graphical co=
nfiguration tool for fcitx is missing from EPEL=2E

At this stage, I have, with the support of one person on the CentOS mailin=
g list who types Japanese, got it working in:
- terminal windows and
- an application using Qt, KeePassX=2E

I have not been able to get three applications using GTK working: Firefox,=
 Thunderbird and LibreOffice=2E I can get them working when I have the thre=
e environment variables preceding the name of the application but not when =
launched from the desktop=2E

I suspect GTK and Qt applications are initialized differently - perhaps by=
 X - but I do not know how to resolve this=2E

Any pointers or ideas for further research are appreciated!

Thank you=2E