List:       freedesktop-xorg
Subject:    Re: fresh install Kubuntu 14.04 (15.10 same problem) XServer never =?iso-8859-1?Q?starts?=
From:       Thomas_Lübking <thomas.luebking () gmail ! com>
Date:       2015-11-07 22:02:45

On Samstag, 7. November 2015 22:11:48 CEST, Gregor Leskovšek wrote:

> virtual box). Do You think I should try disabling double video mode
Yes, it's the apparent cause (from the backtrace, there's also a radeon bug \
about this, but i've neither experience nor an idea what's the problem \
here)

> But, before all do I need to reinstall Kubuntu in between each such BIOS
> change

Good god, no.

> or is it enough that I just restart the server?
You need to reboot the system (to change the BIOS), i'd say ;-P

> And do You think it would make a change if I replace RADEON with another
> GPU?

Nvidia would require nouveau for PRIME support and I wouldn't expect any \
better there. The binary nvidia driver operates differently, you can try \
your luck with bumblebee, but if that's not a notebook, just disable the \
IGP.

Cheers,
Thomas