List:       freedesktop-xorg
Subject:    Re: instability of Thinkpad x250 with Debian Sid
From:       Haines Brown <haines () histomat ! net>
Date:       2015-07-10 20:28:30

I'd like to follow up to my original message. I found a good way to
disable the TouchPad (BIOS disable does not work), which is to use this
command:

  $ synclient TouchPadOff=1

This also works nicely in ~/.fluxbox/startup.

So the instability problem reduces to this: When root or user's X server
is closed, it corrupts the display. Perhaps a loop or lack of sync. This
usually makes it impossible to enter commands and to recover a prompt it
is necessary to reboot.