List:       freedesktop-xorg
Subject:    Re: Xorg 1.16.4 and multimedia keys
From:       deloptes <deloptes () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2015-04-26 22:05:19

deloptes wrote:

> For me it is still a big question why this is not working after system
> boot

The answer is that the new laptop uses usb3 with xhci_hcd/pci.
The resolution was to put those modules including usbhid and hid_generic
in /etc/initramfs-tools/modules and update the initramfs.
Now after boot I have the multimedia keys and I do not need to unplug and
plug again the keyboard to get them working.