List:       freedesktop-xorg
Subject:    no libXaw.a ??
From:       bruce m beach <brucembeach () gmail ! com>
Date:       2014-12-28 4:44:34

Hello

I'm trying to compile an older application(xfig) and it dies with

       No rule to make target '/usr/local/lib/libXaw.a'

which is really saying it can't find libXaw.a

Looking in /usr/local/lib I find libXaw.so etc and for the static libraries

.libXaw7.a, libXaw6.a

but no libXaw.a

I am using XllR7.7 which I built myself and xfig I have built many times.
I'm wondering what has changed and how to fix the xfig build.
pls cc me as I am not on this list

Thanks
Bruce