List:       freedesktop-xorg
Subject:    Sending the clipboard content to another application
From:       dieter () duenenhof-wilhelm ! de (H !  Dieter Wilhelm)
Date:       2014-08-30 7:25:16

Hello list,

warning: I'm a beginner in X GUI matters.

The only thing I managed is to send give the input focus and sending the
Ctrl+v key (from Emacs under XFCE) to other windows.  This is working in
principle but my target application (Ansys, a tcl/tk frame) requires
additionally a Return key to digest the input.  The problem is now that
the Return key arrives earlier then the clipboard content and I don't
have any idea how to wait for the right moment to send it.

Thanks
        Dieter

--
Best wishes