List:       freedesktop-xorg
Subject:    re xorg-server-1.15.2, problems compiling `cvt'
From:       Noel Hunt <noel.hunt () gmail ! com>
Date:       2014-07-21 6:17:45

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

I re-configured with gcc as CC, this time only
running the compiler in the `cvt' subdirectory,
with success. I then noticed the -fvisibility=hidden
option amongst the morass of link options.

I then re-configured, CC=cc, and then noticed -xldscope=hidden which
escaped my attention before.

In any case, the Solaris compiler with this latter
loader option does not behave the same way as gcc
with -fvisibility=hidden, despite explanations I have
found on Oracle forums.