List:       freedesktop-xorg
Subject:    Re: info x-server failed to start
From:       Thomas_Lübking <thomas.luebking () gmail ! com>
Date:       2014-05-09 16:06:23

On Donnerstag, 8. Mai 2014 14:55:06 CEST, Dirk Dewerie wrote:

> Since I can't start up linux. I can log in, hear the
> login-sound but only see a black screen and the mouse.

That means you can log in, but either no desktop boots or the graphics stack is \
corrupted. Please avoid all secure/rescue mode booting. It will likely blacklist \
random drivers (eg. fglrx) and pollute error detection.

Do you know what Desktop Environment you use? (KDE, Gnome, XFCE, LXDE, ....)

Cheers,
Thomas