List:       freedesktop-xorg
Subject:    Re: =?utf-8?B?5Zue5aSN77yaIOWbnuWkje+8miDlm57lpI3vvJogdHJhbnNwYXJlbnQgYmFjaw==?= =?utf-8?B?Z3JvdW5kI
From:       Thomas_Lübking <thomas.luebking () gmail ! com>
Date:       2014-04-16 13:53:19

On Mittwoch, 16. April 2014 05:26:57 CEST, LIDE wrote:
> Now, I can run xcompmgr without any effect. Here is my 32bit window exapmle:

The code is ok (you forgot "XFree(gc);"), but it's not checked whether a matching \
visual was found. XMatchVisualInfo returns a \
http://tronche.com/gui/x/xlib/introduction/errors.html#Status

if (!XMatchVisualInfo(display, DefaultScreen(display), 32, TrueColor, &vinfo)) {
    printf("Something's fishy here!");
    return 1;
}

> But the background is still black? Does xcompmgr need any settings?

A black window would be the expected result w/o compositing.
xcompmgr does not require further switches, but the server needs the COMPOSITE and \
DAMAGE extensions loaded ("xdpyinfo | grep -iA40 extensions").

Iirc you should get warnings if xcompmgr fails for any reason.

Cheers,
Thomas