List:       freedesktop-xorg
Subject:    Re: =?utf-8?B?5Zue5aSN77yaIOWbnuWkje+8miB0cmFuc3BhcmVudCBiYWNrZ3JvdW5kIG9mIA==?= =?utf-8?B?IFhMaWIgd
From:       Thomas_Lübking <thomas.luebking () gmail ! com>
Date:       2014-04-15 10:45:25

On Dienstag, 15. April 2014 12:03:42 CEST, LIDE wrote:
> I use xcompmgr in my system.When I run xcompmgr and my
> createWindow example,the window is disapeared.And when I move
> the window,it show again.but the background is wrong with
> complex colors, rootwindow color or its own background color.I
> test my example on another ubuntu system, It works fine.the
> background is completely transparent.I wonder,why I create the
> window ,which root window as it's parent,not work? Should I set
> root window's attributes?

There's probably an error - try the example provided in the stackoverflow link, it \
will print errors (like no matching visuals) and also watch for error messages from \
the X11 server.

Try whether ARGB windows work in general on the problematic box (ie. pre-installed \
applications that use translucent windows)

Please attach the complete code that fails for you (unless it is not *exactly* the \
stackoverflow example)

There's no requirement to set the GC in order to get a (fully) translucent window.

root window content in a window usually mean an uninitialized background and NO \
present compositing.

Cheers,
Thomas