List:       freedesktop-xorg
Subject:    xrandr call makes it forget about secondary display
From:       Martin Ueding <mu () martin-ueding ! de>
Date:       2014-01-21 22:07:45

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Dear X.org mailing list,

I have a laptop with an external DVI display which is hooked up to its
Display Port (via adapter). When I rotate the internal screen using
xrandr, it will forget about the secondary display. Calling xrandr
multiple times does not have any effect. I have to power off the
external display, wait for a while, call xrandr again and it finds the
display.

This seriously cripples my workflow. The full details are in this
question here:

http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/108108/xrandr-call-makes-it-forget-about-secondary-display

However, I think that calling xrandr 1.4 should not make it forget about
my external screen.

Could you please tell me whether this is a hardware issue? If so, I will
just buy another display and be done with it.

Regards

Martin
--
http://martin-ueding.de/#pk_campaign=Email