List:       freedesktop-xorg
Subject:    Re: Caught signal 11 (Segmentation fault). Server aborting
From:       christophe.jarry () ouvaton ! org
Date:       2013-10-31 8:04:12

I finally got this segmentation fault problem fixed.
I uninstalled the following drivers:

    xf86-input-keyboard-1.7.0
    xf86-input-mouse-1.9.0
    xf86-input-synaptics-1.7.1
    xf86-video-ati-7.2.0
    xf86-video-modesetting-0.8.0
    xf86-video-vesa-2.3.3

Only the two drivers below remained:

    xf86-input-evdev-2.8.2
    xf86-video-fbdev-0.4.4

Now, startx works as expected.

I think the segmentation fault I had came from the ati video
driver. Because I use the kernel Linux-libre
(http://www.fsfla.org/ikiwiki/selibre/linux-libre/) from which binary
blobs and non-free files are removed, the binary firmware
(firmware/radeon in the kernel Linux sources) used by the ati video
driver to provide hardware acceleration was not present, hence the
segmentation fault.

Christophe