List:       freedesktop-xorg
Subject:    Re: Xorg device disabled with 'Option "Ignore" "true"' still enabled by udev+Xorg.  How to fix ?
From:       ar16 <ar16 () imapmail ! org>
Date:       2013-09-09 23:47:41

Peter,

On Mon, Sep 9, 2013, at 04:22 PM, Peter Hutterer wrote:
> your snippets are correct, the device is ignored. My current suspicion is
> that whatever the power button does, it triggers the poweroff in the
> kernel, not in X. you can easily verify that by switching to a tty, then pressing
> the power button. if it shuts off, it's the kernel doing so.

Thanks for the explanation and clean-up on my exclusion.

Your suspicion proves correct -- drop to console, PowerButton execs
complete shutdown.  Surprised to see that, tbh -- but not X.

Offhand, any quick info on how to disable the kernel's interfering
recognition/use of the Streamzap PowerButton et al?  If not, I'll chase
it down elsewhere ...

Thanks