List:       freedesktop-xorg
Subject:    Re: Problem with Intel emgd (GMA500)
From:       Éric_Piel <E.A.B.Piel () tudelft ! nl>
Date:       2011-10-18 0:00:07

Op 10-10-11 14:52, Alan Cox schreef:
>> xrandr: Failed to get size of gamma for output default
>> xrandr: screen cannot be larger that 640x480 (desired size 800x600)
>> xrandr: Configure crtc 0 failed
>
> xrandr won't allow you to change modes on the fbdev interface. The libdrm
> tools will if it detected any other modes, however it tries to default to
> the reported LCD panel size so you ought to get the size of your panel as
> the default behaviour.
Hello,

For a long time, plugging a HDMI screen with my laptop would crash it. =

However, I've just tried again and to my surprise, with 3.1-rc9, it goes =

as far as displaying the picture. Great work!

Nevertheless, the selected mode is 1024x768, which is smaller than the =

native modes of both the LCD panel and the external screen (it could be =

the highest common resolution, though). So this lead me to two questions:
* Could you explain more how to change the modes of the fbdev? I've =

tried the tools with libdrm (modetest, modeprint, kmstest...) and they =

all fail to find a compatible device. What argument do you pass them? =

Also, fbset displays correct information but when trying to change the =

mode it seems to always fail with this:
ioctl FBIOPUT_VSCREENINFO: Invalid argument

* Is there a way to have the two screens display different image (i.e. =

not clone mode)? Or maybe just force to use only the external screen =

with its native resolution?

Cheers,
=C9ric