List:       freedesktop-xorg
Subject:    Re: Question about Double Buffering
From:       Glynn Clements <glynn () gclements ! plus ! com>
Date:       2011-08-12 6:36:15

Dyweni - Xorg wrote:

> I am trying to setup my xorg server (1.10.3) to use
> double buffering. I have the Nvidia 9600 video card and am using the
> proprietary nvidia driver.
>
> When I run glxinfo, I see 'None' and
> 'Ncons' in the right most column. I do not see any entry with a 'P' (to
> indicate support for OpenGL pixel buffers).
>
> I have the 'DBE' module
> being loaded (xorg.0.log confirms that it loads).

OpenGL pixel buffers (pbuffers), OpenGL double-buffering, and the DBE
extension are all unrelated to each other.

Support for pixel buffers is indicated by the presence of
GLX_SGIX_pbuffer in the extension list. Whether a GLX visual is
double-buffered is indicated by the "db" column in the glxinfo output.

--
Glynn Clements <glynn@gclements.plus.com>