List:       freedesktop-xorg
Subject:    fglrx Multi-Seat
From:       Cyrus Vafadari <cyrusv () mit ! edu>
Date:       2011-07-25 23:13:12

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hello,

I have two ATI FirePro V4800 graphics cards that I want to run
simultaneously (the end goal is to have an HD video playing on each w/
hardware acceleration). I am running Ubuntu 1-.04 and have been trying to
use the fglrx driver.

Reading around, it looks like my best bet is to have a Dual-Seat
configuration.

I have tried many HOWTO's, and failed everytime (usually I get stuck at the
ubuntu splash screen and have to ssh in and load backups).

What is the best driver/graphics card to use? I'd be willing to return these
graphics cards and switch to nVidia.

Until now I have been using the fglrx driver.

I'd be willing to switch login managers, video cards, drivers, and/or OS's
to get this to work properly.

Cheers,

Cyrus