List:       freedesktop-xorg
Subject:    Re: Functionality to capture X events
From:       Marty Jack <martyj19 () comcast ! net>
Date:       2011-04-26 18:24:08

On 04/26/2011 01:26 PM, André Rodrigues wrote:
> Hello all.
>

> I would like to know if it is possible to capture keys in X that reach the X by \
> events (lirc events, to be more precisely) and without create another window.
> There is some functionality for this?
>

> Many thanks.
>

> André Rodrigues

Without knowing what exactly it is you want to accomplish, it is hard to give advice, \
but it would seem the best approach might be to stay away from having X involved at \
all.

Can you not do what you want to do by accessing the device directly using a package \
xorg@lists.freedesktop.org: X.Org support