List:       freedesktop-xorg
Subject:    XDMX : Crash in dixRequestPrivate
From:       ankur jain <samyak3 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-02-22 11:43:59

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: ankur jain <samyak3@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 12:28 PM
Subject: XDMX
To: xorg@lists.freedesktop.org

*Hi ,

I am using DMX(Distributed Multihead X ) for spreading display across
multiple monitors.
 I have compiled xorg-server with enable dmx option .
The command I am using to run dmx is ::
 startx `which gnome-session` --  /usr/bin/Xdmx :1  -display
control_node_ip:0 -display client_node_1_ip:0  -ignorebadfontpaths +xinerama
-noglxproxy

Also I ran xhost + on both the systems and made sure that Xserver can listen
tcp clients.

However on running Xdmx using above command it gives  an error :
giving up
xinit: Connection refused (errno 111): unable to connect to X server
xinit: No such process (errno 3):server error.

On further debugging I got know that it crashes in dix/privates.c
function name : dixRequestPrivate()
line : if ( size > item->size )
exact error :  Cannot access memory at address for ( item->size)

Could someone please tell me where I made a mistake in this procedure.

Thanks,
Samyak
 *