List:       freedesktop-xorg
Subject:    Re: libXi-1.3.2: SIGBUS in ParseClassInfo on sparc/64 bit
From:       Nicolai Stange <nicolai.stange () zmaw ! de>
Date:       2010-10-14 18:43:03

Hi,

> perhaps an __attribute__ ((aligned (8))) will help ?
> can you test it with a small sample programm ?
This attribute is highly compiler specific. I'll think it'll work for
gcc, but unfortunately, I'm using SunStudio.

Note that I've seem some ptr in some info struct, too (if I remember
correctl). So be prepared for the case that sizeof(XID) != sizeof(void*)
(although I don't know of any platform where this is the case).

I think it'll be best to use some union (is this a c99 feature?) of an
XID, a *void and a struct with the real members or rewrite the placement
code like Julien has suggested.

Regards

Nicolai