List:       freedesktop-xorg
Subject:    x fails during startup
From:       Sreeram Kumar <Sreeramkumar () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2010-07-25 17:36:42

Folks,
I am trying to bringup chromeos on my 1000HD eee PC netbook. It uses gentoo \
underneath and when it boots, I see a blue orb screen thats al. I login through the \
shell and see the Xorg.0.log, I see this error

Fatal Server Error:
xf86OpenConsole: Cannot open virtual console 1 (No such file or directory). Above \
this error, there are bunch of "unable to find font directory" errors.

I sifted through 80% of the relevant results on google and i didnt get a proper \
answer. I looked at dmesg, I see i915 driver being loaded with drm module too. The \
drivers are built into kernel and i dont see any errors from dmesg (Infact, I added a \
debug print into the driver and i can see that its being called).

I couldnt figure out (asked help on chromeos groups also). Finally thought I can ask \
here. Appreciate any help.

My eee PC uses GMA 950, when i do ls /dev, I can see all the devices! I modified \
xorg.conf to use driver from intel. ie in the device section, I added Driver "intel", \
I still see the same issue.

Thanks