List:       freedesktop-xorg
Subject:    Re: Tk installation give Xproto.h Xresource.h missing
From:       walt <w41ter () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-05-22 15:40:16

On 05/21/2010 01:53 PM, Claudio Cairoli wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to install Tcl/tk 8.4.2 on a 64-bit Linux machine, and the installation \
> of tcl went fine, however when trying to install tk at first I got the error \
> message "X11/Xlib.h" not found. I looked for it in the X11 directory at it wasn't \
> there. I found out that as part of the tk installation there was a directory "xlib" \
> which contained "X11/Xlib.h" that fixed that error, but now I am getting "Xproto.h" \
> and "Xresource.h" missing. Where are these files supposed to be and how do I get \
> them?

They should be in /usr/include/X11/.  My linux distribution puts Xresource.h and \
Xlib.h in the libX11 package, and Xproto.h in a separate package named xproto \
(contains only header files).

Many distributions put header files in separate packages with the suffix "dev" or \
"devel" in the package name, e.g. libX11-dev or something similar.