List:       freedesktop-xorg
Subject:    capturing windows from multiple threads
From:       Dmitry Teslenko <dteslenko () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-04-26 13:19:54

Hello!
I writing yet another window switcher program and
I'm trying to investigate feasability of this design:
* several threads capturing window previews with XGetImage
* gui thread shows these previews to user

Xlib docs state that in multithreaded app XInitThreads should be called
first or programmer should protect all Xlib calls with thread-sync
facitilites. Does it mean I have no ability to prefrom Xlib calls from
different
threads at same time?