List:       freedesktop-xorg
Subject:    Re: Paypal stealing from Xorg [was: Re: Board voting ends today,
From:       Egbert Eich <eich () suse ! de>
Date:       2010-02-25 13:06:45

On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 07:19:26PM +0000, Steffen Schaumburg wrote:
> I propose the following actions:
> - Unless it's definitely a complete waste of time civil as well as
> criminal charges should be brought by Xorg against eBay, as far as this
> is possible without undue costs or risks to Xorg. Remember - just
> because the contract says that eBay can steal doesn't mean it's not a
> crime if they actually do it. Laws supersede contracts.
> - Information about this (especially emails from eBay "support") should
> be made public and should be publicised, e.g. by emails to this list,
> the Xorg Wiki (on that note - there's actually a suggestion on there to
> use Paypal to donate to Xorg devs...), etc. Due to the particularly
> despicable nature of the crime (what kind of a sick perverted bastard
> steals from a charity?) and the likely negative effect on other related
> projects I'd go as far as putting a link or banner about this right on
> the front page.

Actually The first step that should happen here is that the treasurer
gives a full report of what happened to the BoD. The board then
should check back with X.Org's legal counsel if and what action should
be taken to recover the money.
From there on this information should be made public - however this
disclosure shouldn't be done without communication with the counsel.

Cheers,
	Egbert.