List:       freedesktop-xorg
Subject:    Building X from scratch, jhbuild method - wiki page
From:       David Gerard <dgerard () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-01-30 21:10:22

Having too much time on my hands, I'm trying building X from scratch, per:

  http://xorg.freedesktop.org/wiki/JhBuildInstructions

I've added to the instructions for how to do it on Ubuntu 9.10.
(jhbuild required about 300MB of faff.) Obviously the world isn't
Ubuntu or even Linux, so notes for other distros and OSes would be
appropriate.

(Last time I compiled X from scratch it was FreeBSD in 2003 and took
three days ...)

- d.