List:       freedesktop-xorg
Subject:    Re: 915GM partially freeze after being idle or resume
From:       Mathieu Taillefumier <mathieu.taillefumier () free ! fr>
Date:       2009-11-20 10:16:52

>>> Is there something I can do to debug this problem, I also reported
>>> a bug about Google Earth freezing when looking at a specific
>>> location on the Intel Linux Graphics bug tracker which is the same
>>> kind of freeze and it finally wasn't resolved. This problem has
>>> been hunting me since KMS updates after upddates for months, almost
>>> a year now.  [...]
>>>
>> Your symptoms exactly describe a wedged GPU. There is a very good
>> chance that a 2.6.31 kernel would fix your issue.
>>
> Perhaps you've missed my report a few days ago sent to this list for
> probably the same issue but using a 945GM and a 2.6.32-rc5 kernel...

I also have a bug that is similar to this one but with the 2.6.32 kernel
series. I reproduce it at 100% percent with the last xorg git stack as
well as the regular stack but in my case the gpu freezes when xorg is
starting. however I have no problems with the 2.6.31.x kernel series and
the same xorg stack. So the problem is coming most probably from the KMS
stack.

mathieu