List:       freedesktop-xorg
Subject:    Support for the hardware overlay in Kdrive
From:       "manisha salve" <msalve () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-06-29 12:47:31

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hi ,

I want to write a driver for my graphics card in Kdrive .The graphics card
has trasparent overlay support.We can use that overlay as a normal
Framebuffer .I want to use this overlay to show transparent windows on it.

I have gone through the DDX drivers in Kdrive , but no one has provided
support for hardware overlay . How can i tell the gtk applications about
this overlay, so that  gkt applications can write on it ????

Thanks in Advance
-Manisha