List:       freedesktop-xorg
Subject:    Re: X - use clipboard by default
From:       Marius Gedminas <mgedmin () b4net ! lt>
Date:       2008-04-29 17:06:21

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 01:20:08PM +0100, Glynn Clements wrote:
> I don't think that you can make selections in the xpdf display window
> update the clipboard. AFAICT, xpdf itself doesn't support the
> clipboard (although the Motif widget set which it uses for the UI
> does).

IIRC you can middle-drag to select a rectangular area of the PDF, and
xpdf will place the text from that area in the X selection.

I don't have xpdf currently installed (Evince is nicer), but I recall
being pleasantly surprised by this xpdf feature once.

Marius Gedminas
--=20
"I really didn't foresee the Internet. But then, neither did the computer
industry. Not that that tells us very much of course - the computer industry
didn't even foresee that the century was going to end." -- Douglas Adams