List:       freedesktop-xorg
Subject:    Re: installing the latest intel graphics drivers on a toshiba laptop
From:       Eric Anholt <eric () anholt ! net>
Date:       2007-01-29 18:15:47

On Mon, 2007-01-22 at 17:08 -0500, Feiad Mohammed wrote:
> Hello all. I have this laptop that I dual boot winxp and slackware linux
> off of. My problem is that I cannot install the intel graphics drivers
> available on the intel site (http://intellinuxgraphics.com/).
>
> During build using the automake.sh I get the error:
>
> Makefile.am:24: BUILD_LINUXDOC does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL
>
> I have no idea what the problem is. My ultimate goal for doing this is
> to get  beryl to build which is currently complaining about dependency
> xrandr which appears to come with video drivers.
>
> Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

This is a typical error from not having a working xorg modular
development environment.  See the ModularDevelopersGuide on the wiki, I
guess, if you want to build drivers.  However, it's recommended that you
get your drivers from your distribution, where they'll be better
supported.

--
Eric Anholt                             anholt@FreeBSD.org
eric@anholt.net                         eric.anholt@intel.com