List:       freedesktop-xorg
Subject:    Re: ATI Mobility X1400
From:       Matthias Hopf <mhopf () suse ! de>
Date:       2006-05-29 13:02:55

On May 29, 06 03:13:22 +0200, Bernd Schubert wrote:
> >  Although I would prefer a graphics chip that is supported fully by an
> >  open source driver I am pragmatic enough to use a binary-only driver if
> >  need be.
> Even if that means you will loose suspend-to-ram? A friend of mine has a T60
> with that ati chip and that fglrx module prevents proper S3.

Don't blame closed source drivers too much. While I don't like them
either, open source drivers regularly have issues with StR as well.
E.g. it doesn't work with the intel drivers on my leaptop for me ATM.
Additionally, the OpenGL drivers lack quite some important extensions.

Matthias

--
Matthias Hopf <mhopf@suse.de>       __        __   __
Maxfeldstr. 5 / 90409 Nuernberg    (_   | |  (_   |__         mat@mshopf.de