On Wednesday 15 June 2005 21:57, Keith Packard wrote: > On Wed, 2005-06-15 at 20:32 +0200, Lars Knoll wrote: > > I'll try to convince him :) > > You don't have to convince him, just make sure your own emacs > configuration can be set to leave my X server files alone :-) > > > The problem is that both inside Trolltech and KDE it is the default to > > remove white space at end of lines when saving. I'll see if I can remove > > the hook that does this for C code. > > This policy seems misguided to me, but then I spend a lot of time lookin > at CVS diffs, for which changes of this nature are evil. Well, as long as everyone uses this, you won't see any problems. That's the case for KDE and Qt. As I said, I'll make sure my emacs leaves them alone for X. > > As a reference I attached the patch without the white space changes. It > > basically correctly implements projective transformations (I > > misunderstood this and only implemented affine ones before), fixes some > > bugs in the transformation code and has a small fix in the convolution > > code. > > Ah, note that the provided diff is also hard to read because there are > some *important* whitespace changes that it ignores. That's just as bad > as including white space changes which aren't important. I refer here > to whitespace changes which affect how the code is indented. True, but it's at least a bit better. > > I also expanded some code to get somewhat smaller and faster inner loops. > > This is not very relevant at the moment as the framebuffer reads are > > limiting us, but in the long run with DMA support it will probably start > > to matter. > > Even in the short term we should be able to get the x server to be a lot > smarter about where pixmaps get put so that we don't spend a lot of CPU > cycles waiting for pixels to trickle across the AGP bus. Yes. I've just seem something today that looks very promising here :) > Thanks again. You're welcome. I hope I the gradient support (this time hopefully without whitespace issues) ready in time for the conference. Cheers, Lars