List:       freedesktop-xorg
Subject:    Re: Xegl lives!
From:       Owen Taylor <otaylor () redhat ! com>
Date:       2005-05-25 12:39:24

On Wed, 2005-05-25 at 09:29 +0200, Felix Schulte wrote:
> On 5/25/05, Alan Coopersmith <Alan.Coopersmith@sun.com> wrote:
> > Jon Smirl wrote:
> > > BTW, I do support the Cairo effort. We obviously needed a 2D API that
> > > could print.
> >=20
> > We had one - Xlib with Xprint.   8-)
> had --> have, its still alive, even after Keith Packards attempts to
> beat it to death during his Cairo-is-the-one-and-only-API crusade and
> declare it obsolete (which it isn't)

How does Keith get the credit for this? I'm jealous. Xprint obviously
filled (even fills) a purpose for some people.. great. But it's the
wrong architecture and irrelevant to the future.

Here's a writeup I did a while ago, then never posted because I didn't
want to fan the flames at that point:

 http://people.redhat.com/~otaylor/why-xprint-is-wrong.html

Regards,
						Owen