List:       freedesktop-xorg
Subject:    Getting notified of screen size changes inside X server?
From:       Alan Coopersmith <Alan.Coopersmith () Sun ! COM>
Date:       2005-01-28 21:16:40

I'm working on support for a pointer-type input device which sends
absolute coordinates for its position events.   These are scaled in
the lower levels, so I need to pass down the size of the screen at
startup and whenever it changes.   The first part is easy, but I
haven't been able to find how to hook in to RandR notifications from
inside the server.   Is there some existing way to do so or do I need
to add some sort of screen configuration proc vector to call any
server-side components that need to be notified?   If so, any
suggestions on the best place to hook that in at?

--
	-Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith@sun.com