List:       freedesktop-xorg
Subject:    [Xorg] Re: X Event Interception Extension docs are on the WIKI
From:       Stuart Kreitman <Stuart.Kreitman () Sun ! COM>
Date:       2004-03-24 15:29:40

Keith Packard wrote:

>at the root window; DIX could look at the Window in the event and use that
>as the start of the search instead of starting at the root.  I think
>the changes to support this in DIX are relatively minor; no changes will
>be needed below that level.

 From reading Composite and Axe (please point me to latest good docs,
the wiki has deadbeef)
a lot of your new thinking makes window heirarchy mutable, need to
understand forward migration of
existing protocol. Do you provide some locking so apps and wm's don't
"walk the plank"?

>Secondarily, I'll need to allow redirection even when a server grab is in
>progress (or mouse events will be completely wrong).  We may need to make
>the input manager (and composting manager) immune to server grabs. Doesn't
>matter to me if this is in Composite or XEvIE as I'll need both extensions
>in any case.

We've considered this in gnome accessibility. A good project for the
April hothouse would be integration of
accessibility with Composite. It would break ice on tons of interactions
that are currently in isolation.

skk