List:       freedesktop-xdg
Subject:    Re: Last Tango in fdo (was Re: Tango,
From:       Billy Biggs <vektor () dumbterm ! net>
Date:       2005-11-12 4:58:43

Adam Jackson (ajax@nwnk.net):

> [...] And the standards.fd.o hostname has to keep working for link
> preservation reasons.   [...]

  I don't want to turn an already awkward complaint thread into
something even less productive, but the fd.o site has a very bad habit
of breaking spec URLs, which often appear in code comments and online
documentation, and not fixing those links when this is brought up.  So,
this wouldn't be the first time.

  Regardless, rewriting URLs from standards.fd.o to specs.fd.o would be
reasonable, and I'd encourage anyone breaking the fd.o links to please
remember to configure redirects/rewrites from old links in the future.

  -Billy