List:       freedesktop-xdg
Subject:    Re: [PROPOSAL] Desktop Bookmarks
From:       David Faure <dfaure () trolltech ! com>
Date:       2005-05-11 10:18:11

On Wednesday 11 May 2005 11:41, Emmanuele Bassi wrote:
> In my opinion, these details pertain to the implementation, though, not
> to the storaging spec.

I disagree. It's the job of the spec to not only specify the file format, but also
the location of the files (in the XDG-defined dirs). Otherwise there will be
no interoperability.
So it's important whether we have one file with everything in it (please not!),
or a file for desktop-bookmarks and another file for recent-files.