List:       freedesktop-xdg
Subject:    Re: continued: Common-VFS proposal
From:       Richard Moore <richmoore44 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-01-25 23:17:04

I totally agree with Havoc here. I would add that it important to have
both a 'transparent' (everything can be treated as local) and an
'i-know-this-is-damn-slow' api in any general purpose abstraction like
this. There will always be applications where a streaming API is
needed (such as progressive rendering) and even worse, both APIs may
be needed by the same app.

Rich.