List:       freedesktop-xdg
Subject:    HAL and usb mass storage
From:       Anthony Metcalf <anthony.metcalf () anferny ! ath ! cx>
Date:       2004-03-29 12:56:51

Ok so I want my usb mass storage device to be mounted whenever I plug it
in. From reading the dbus and hgal stuff I figure with the two installed
it's HAL's job to initiate the mounting process. Correct?
>From the HAL 1.0 docs
"Try creating device info files for your USB devices (put them
    in /usr/local/var/hal/fdi/10freedesktop) and replug your
    devices."

How do I do this step?
Is there a sample file somewhere that says,
"this is how you identify the device, this is how you launch a script
when the device is plugged in" etc.

What I really want is a How-to. I may be prepaired to write such a
thing if I can make it work, but what exists at the moment I havn't been
able to make work.