List:       freedesktop-portland
Subject:    Re: [Portland] Adding support for xfce4-sreensaver to xdg-screensaver
From:       Jarno Suni <sunijarno () gmail ! com>
Date:       2021-03-31 15:43:37

Do you mean that there is no one to accept merge requests for
xdg-utils? I is sad, if the project is so dead.

I am interested in using "xdg-screensaver lock" in xflock4 script of
Xfce to delegate detecting running screensaver daemon to it. I can
detect xfce4-screensaver outside xdg-screensaver in Xfce, though.
Another use case for xdg-screensaver could be inhibiting screensaver
in certain circumstances, but I am not familiar with those techniques.
I read the script a bit and there seem to be different techniques
applied for different screensavers.