List:       freedesktop-poppler
Subject:    Re: [poppler] RFC: Dropping autotools
From:       jcupitt () gmail ! com
Date:       2017-08-20 3:35:48

On 20 August 2017 at 01:14, James Cloos <cloos@jhcloos.com> wrote:
> And also should explain how to cross-compile.
>
> The last info I read still said cmake was unable properly to do it; if
> that data is out of date it would be wise to explain things along with
> those Adrian mentions.

It's slightly more awkward than autotools, but it works fine. You
create a toolchain file describing the set of tools you want to build
with, and cmake will use them rather than the system ones:

https://cmake.org/cmake/help/v3.0/manual/cmake-toolchains.7.html

I use this one (for example) to cross-compile from ubuntu:xenial to
64-bit Windows:

https://github.com/jcupitt/build-win64/blob/master/8.5/Toolchain-x86_64-w64-mingw32.cmake

(I'm not a cmake expert, I'm sure that can be improved on, but it does
seem to work)

John