List:       freedesktop-pm-utils
Subject:    [Pm-utils] more man pages!
From:       Victor Lowther <victor.lowther () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-05-13 1:12:49

Michael Biebl has graciously done the hard work of intergrating the
Debian man pages into the pm-utils repository (available with a bit of
cleanup at
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~vlowther/pm-utils/log/?h=man-xml), and I
intend to merge his work (in one form or another) into the next release.

In the process, he has gone ahead and converted the preexisting man
pages into XML from SGML, which requires using xmlto to generate thre
manpages instead of the preexisting docbook2man infrastructure.

As a test, I have converted the xml manpages back to SGML and done a bit
more cleanup on them to test how well the manpages work with the current
SGML based build process -- the results of that conversion process are @
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~vlowther/pm-utils/log/?h=man-sgml

Converting between the manpage formats (after a touch of cleanup) is
trivial -- my question for the distro maintainers is which documentation
build process (xmlto or docbook2man) best intergrates with the way you
do man pages for the rest of your packages?

--
Victor Lowther
Ubuntu Certified Professional