List:       freedesktop-openicc
Subject:    Re: [Openicc] ICC profiles with translations
From:       Kai-Uwe Behrmann <ku.b () gmx ! de>
Date:       2013-03-20 14:53:51

Am 20.03.2013 15:46, schrieb Richard Hughes:
> I'm doing some more research on ICC profiles with translated
> descriptions. Does anyone have any real world examples of translated
> profiles, as the ICC specification is very unclear in places and I
> want to make sure our tools do the right thing. Feel free to email me
> directly if you'd rather not post files to the mailing list. Thanks.

One could edit and place following snippet into a profile of choice and
compile with iccFromXML.

     <multiLocalizedUnicodeType>
       <TagSignature>desc</TagSignature>
       <LocalizedText LanguageCountry="enUS"><![CDATA[X11
Colors]]></LocalizedText>
       <LocalizedText LanguageCountry="deDE"><![CDATA[X11
Farben]]></LocalizedText>
     </multiLocalizedUnicodeType>

kind regards
Kai-Uwe