List:       freedesktop-dbus
Subject:    Re: Dbus application consumes full cache memory , during Tx and Rx of message using Dbus API- Memory
From:       Thiago Macieira <thiago () kde ! org>
Date:       2023-08-15 1:08:18

On Monday, 14 August 2023 03:46:25 PDT deepak jewargi wrote:
> I have implemented a dbus application using dbus-1 API's on the linux
> platform.
>
> Facing issues ,when we run continuously in a loop. dbsu Tx (public)and
> dbus Rx (subscribe)  runs out of cache memory  and  both Tx and Rx getting
> terminated  attached source and header files,

Which process is leaking memory?

There are three processes involved here: sender, receiver, and the bus daemon
as the intermediary. Your screenshot of top shows two processes of yours at 50
MB of RSS and the daemon at a mere 7.5 MB. So what is consuming CPU? Have you
run your code through a memory debugger to see if it is leaking?

Also, if you're consuming 100% CPU or more sending and receiving via D-Bus,
you've got a design problem.