On Monday, 6 March 2023 19:57:11 PST Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote: > It seems to me, the whole concept of D-Bus is unsuited to applications > which require long-lived connections with some degree of state that > persists over their lifetime. It is best suited to individual > request-response transactions. That way, you can recover from any loss > of connection just by trying the transaction again (hopefully). How long-lived do you need those connections to be? I don't usually run my laptop too long without rebooting (rolling distro, kernel upgrades), but sometimes I can go up to a full month. No connections break. On servers, connections to systemd via D-Bus can last years. There's no problem with the length of the connection. Just don't send invalid messages that will get you kicked out of the bus. That hasn't been a problem for 16 years. -- Thiago Macieira - thiago (AT) macieira.info - thiago (AT) kde.org Software Architect - Intel DCAI Cloud Engineering