List:       freedesktop-dbus
Subject:    Re: Ordering message in kdbus
From:       Kay Sievers <kay () vrfy ! org>
Date:       2014-03-31 21:47:13

On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 4:00 PM, Zzz Rrr <climbforfreedom@gmail.com> wrote:

> 2 - Then, I'm interested in message priority.
>
> In this thread, Kay Sievers said "Kdbus can also de-queue messages based on
> their provided message priority".
>
> Considering this, if we take the previous example but with highest priority
> for C1 message, what happens to the order in which kdbus handles messages ?
> Is it now : C1, A1, A2, B1, A3, B2 ?

Receivers can just specify which priority of messages they actually
want to receive from their own queue.

Priority does not matter at all for message delivery or order from
different involved peers; it is only the message de-queuing order for
the owner of the queue, it will not affect anything else.

Kay