I just wanted to compare my numbers with other recent numbers, to be sure mine are "normal" :-)
My D-Bus implementation is 16 times much slower than my actual socket bus and 8 times much slower if D-Bus is configured in direct mode.
It's too slow to be embedded.

2008/10/21 Havoc Pennington <hp@pobox.com>
Hi,

On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 9:19 AM, Jerome Philbert
> Hi,
>
> I already know these articles which are quite old.
> They say D-Bus is slow but I'd like to know, slow how much ?
> Who has done recent benchmarks ?

I don't know of any significant changes since those articles. You just
posted a benchmark, so you have done recent benchmarks, right? ;-)

The real question is whether dbus shows up in your app's profile and
if so how much.

Havoc