On Mon, Nov 19, 2007 at 06:19:19PM -0500, Havoc Pennington wrote: > Hi, > > Sjoerd Simons wrote: >> Attached patch makes a normal dbus-launch also save it's session information in >> X11 and not just an autolaunched bus as it is currently. >> >> This makes DISPLAY=:0 just work as one expects it. See the patch >> for more info. >> > > Thanks, comments: > > - remember to do ChangeLog, then paste into the git log (with a one-line > git-type summary in front) Good point. I'm too used to projects generating their changelogs from git/darcs logs. Maybe we could start doing something like this for dbus too at some point? > - are you sure we didn't do this autolaunch-only on purpose? > it doesn't seem like we'd have done this accidentally. > it might be worth going through the archived discussion. > - it would be good if Thiago could review this before commit I actually spoke to Thiago on irc a bit before creating this patch. And he said the only reason dbus-launch didn't have this behaviour yet, is because the code was so confusing. I'll see if any reasoning against this in the initial discussion though. > - this code (before you touched it also) is very, very confusing to me > for some reason - not sure if it's all the many dbus-launch modes or > what... ;-) I actually did the patch to make the actual code changes as minimal as possible, because of this. I'm pretty sure that i didn't change any behaviour apart from the intended change, but i will also admit that i have no clue what large parts of the (existing) code actually do. I guess it would be good if someone at some point could reverse-engineer and refactor dbus-launch to be more maintainable... > - you might check whether any dbus-launch man page updates are required, > and also be sure to test all the scenarios described in the man page Will do Thanks for the comments, Sjoerd -- If all the world's economists were laid end to end, we wouldn't reach a conclusion. -- William Baumol _______________________________________________ dbus mailing list dbus@lists.freedesktop.org http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/dbus