Hi, Thiago Macieira wrote: > Em Tuesday 13 November 2007 17:39:18 Havoc Pennington escreveu: >> IIRC signals can set the destination, in which case they'd be sent to >> that destination without a match rule. > > This is actually something I was made aware of a month ago or so. > > Signals can specify a destination. That seems wrong to me, if a signal is > supposed to be a broadcast. > I think it's a reasonably common pattern to have "clients" that register with some "server," in that case having the server send client-specific signals seems OK to me; otherwise the client would end up registering a callback object with the server. The callback object pattern is fine too, but in some cases the signal seems useful. I don't know if anyone is using this feature or not, though. When I've talked about having a new C binding library, support for this "register client with server" pattern is one thing I wanted to have in it. I don't know if "directed signals" would fit in to an API like that or not, but it might be an interesting thing to look at. Havoc _______________________________________________ dbus mailing list dbus@lists.freedesktop.org http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/dbus