Hi guys, I'm trying to put together a simple D-Bus mainloop inside a thread in a service I'm writing, and using glib/qt isn't really an option. I had originally intended to use dbus_connection_read_write_dispatch() function, and have the other thread call dbus_connection_send()/dbus_connection_flush(). Of course, that's no good because dbus_connection_read_write_dispatch() blocks on read I/O. Thus, rather comically, the messages for transmission get buffered and are only sent once the service happens to *receive* a message. So, it looks like I have to bite the bullet and write a non-toy mainloop. I'm having a lot of trouble grokking the Watch/Timeout stuff, though, and I haven't had much luck finding useful example code. As far as I understand it, I'm supposed to call dbus_connection_set_watch_functions() and dbus_connection_set_timeout_functions(). I'm unclear as to what I should do once I have a poll() loop running on the FDs, however. Thanks in advance! -- Regards, Andrew Clunis _______________________________________________ dbus mailing list dbus@lists.freedesktop.org http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/dbus