Hi, I'm trying to use a newer version of dbus/hal because I want HAL 0.5.0. So I removed the installed rpm's of dbus and HAL version 0.4.7 on my FC3. Then I compiled dbus 0.32 and hal 0.5.0 =46rom documentation, I read that I start dbus with 'dbus-daemon --system' When I do this, dbus-daemon is not started. I get no information whatsoever= =20 about what's wrong. I start it being root. The second time, I get the message : [root@localhost ~]# dbus-daemon --system =46ailed to start message bus: The pid file "/usr/local/var/run/messagebus.= pid"=20 exists, if the message bus is not running, remove this file meaning for me that _something_ has happened. Am I doing something wrong ? Thanks, Edwin