List:       freedesktop-create
Subject:    [CREATE] Open Colour Systems Collection 2.0 released (Re: CREATE Digest, Vol 134, Issue 1)
From:       Hin-Tak Leung <htl10 () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2016-12-23 23:04:25

Are you aware that Xamarin Mono, besides having a open-source (MIT-licensed) C# \
compiler mcs, also have a visual-basic compiler, vbnc, which should be already \
available on most libre os'es? I see RealBasic's compiler is non-free, but they \
do/did provide a visual basic convertor so presumably the two *basic'es are close \
enough.

I would also suggest that you simply post a binary (for windows? or RealBasic seems \
to support linux also...) just to see if the software is worth porting.

Whether you are in LG 2016 London,  or following this list, you might be aware that I \
ported one of Microsoft's recently opened C#-based project to build with mono, and \
run on Linux/Mac also - I am quite familiar with mono, but haven't touched any *Basic \
code for about two decades :-) ... I am not looking for repeating the Microsoft \
experience any time too soon though, given how it turned out - the mojority of users \
are trollish(?) non-libre users, which sort of defeat the purpose - that may happen \
to you too: you may not attract the users you want, and the past/existing users of \
the said software aren't the types you enjoy donating your time to... but those are \
my suggestions: post some current binary/binaries first, and look at mono vbnc.

 Message: 1